Framework Communications, a rapidly growing IT Managed Service and Solutions Provider, is seeking a Senior Networking Engineer, aka - The Senior Networking Engineer Guru. We’re looking for someone who can cut through high-level escalations with natural agility and technical confidence, a leader who provides training/coaching to fellow lower tier engineers, and has a profound understanding of the importance of great leadership-by example. This position requires you to deliver your professional best every day. We have honed our craft in hiring the best talent because we know that providing great pay and benefits alone doesn’t cut it. Framework Communications was founded on the fundamental need to enhance our community and culture through technology. We have taken bold steps to shake the status quo and turn the “dog-eat-dog” office hierarchy and big boss culture on its head. We believe, and have measurable proof, that Investing in the health, happiness and welfare of our employees and our community allows us to spear head the next big ideas that will shape the way technology enhances the world around us. We work together to grow together. We walk the walk. Don’t believe us? Read on, oh Senior Networking Engineer Guru, we think it’s time you felt appreciated.
- Client Service Delivery
- Consulting with clients at all levels including C-Level
- Work closely with the Framework Communications Executive management to improve internal processes and service delivery
- Oversee projects at lower tier and act as Subject Matter Expert for escalations in those projects
- Tier 3 escalations for Service Desk Issues and Root Cause Analysis
- Client Communication
- Coaching and training of Tier 1 and Tier 2 coworkers
- Lead and deliver project work (implementations, upgrades, migrations) on budget
- Help clients understand technology investment needs and communicate to sales team/VCIO
- Tier 3 engineers may also serve as a Virtual Chief Information Officer (vCIO) or a Technical Account Manager (TAM) for clients, providing best practice compliance consulting, systematic issue analysis, root cause analysis, and general technology consulting.
- Design, Implement, and Manage client networks
- Document FwC Technology Best Practices and Processes
- Create and maintain documentation, ticket information, and time tracking in PSA (Connectwise)
- Will require travel within the Chicagoland area
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- The ideal candidate should have advanced networking skills with 5+ years of experience and strong command of networking. The role reports directly to the COO and CEO of Framework Communications.
- At least 5-7 years of networking design, implementation, and administration experience
- At least 3 years of technology consulting experience
- Visio & Network Design (Cisco standards)
- Design, Implementation, and Administration Experience for LAN/WAN, firewalls, switching, routers, VoIP/SIP, QoS, 802.11, 802.1Q trunking, SNMP, OSPF, RIP, IPSec, VLANs, etc.
- Engineering of HA firewall environments
- Storage Area Networks and network fabrics (iSCSI, Fiber, SAS, CIFS)
- Understanding of MPLS design
- Must be able to design a complete fault tolerant and highly available network top to bottom.
Skills & Qualifications Preferred:
- Advanced troubleshooting techniques and granular security forensics (Wireshark, Systems Monitoring, Baseline reports)
- Preferred Manufacturers: Cisco, Sonicwall, Netgear, Meraki.
- Preferred Certifications: CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCDA, Security
We need these attributes:
- Card Carrying Member of the “Work Smart, Not Hard” Philosophy
- A disciplined, quick, and focused learner that brings some metal to the pedal, but isn’t afraid to propose ideas and make mistakes
- Quick learners who are detailed and highly organized
- Someone who has enough moxie to manage stressful situations gracefully
- Critical thinker who profoundly understands the need for strong communications skills, proper syntax, and the inherent knowledge that subject/verb agreement is merely part and parcel of what you do on the regular
- Expertly handles the sands in the hour-glass and prioritizing when things aren’t going to plan
- Pragmatic problem solver who understands deadlines with a lone wolf determination, and a pack animal spirit
- Proactive-not reactive. You can see the curve ball coming, and even if it’s not in the zone, you are going to hit it, before it hits you
- “Let’s do this!” mentality-professionally and personally
- College degree is preferred, but Mark Zuckerberg doesn’t have one, so give it a shot if you know you have the guts and are up to the challenge
- You probably possess a multitude of other brilliant qualities and attributes but we’d rather meet you to see what you’re made of!
We need these skill sets:
- Deliver the highest-quality integration services to our clients is paramount.
- Expertly Configure servers, workstation equipment, applications software, messaging systems and client/server databases on servers and workstations.
- Ensure technical excellence in service delivery to maximize billable time and customer satisfaction while minimizing non-billable time.
- TIMEKEEPER! Submit time sheets promptly, thoroughly and accurately, with appropriate breakdown of billable time by activity, to ensure company profitability and meet billed utilization goals for the position.
- Ensure training excellence to the client on company-installed technology solutions and solution components, to maximize the value the client receives from our service and the technologies they purchase from our company.
- Prepare comprehensive work product documentation, checklists, training materials and standards documents to ensure a high-quality of service delivery, efficiency, and effectiveness. Thoroughly document problems and steps to resolve them, to maximize institutionalization of knowledge. Develop technical standards documents and implementation procedures for new technologies.
- Thoroughly test all work, and involve the client in acceptance testing to ensure their needs are met. Through thorough testing, ensure that client systems are fully functional and meet the client’s business needs.
- Effectively communicate with company clients and staff. Build a good working relationship with the client, ensure an understanding of the client’s needs and objectives, and involve the client in cost/risk decisions. Follow internal communications guidelines and workflows.
- Follow procedures to deliver services in an organized, effective manner to ensure customers perceive our company to be thorough, well-prepared and punctual. Take ownership of issues and show professionalism and control.
- Assist Sales team with product research and service work estimates for new proposals, when needed. Also, participate with sales team in pre-sales activity at customer; clearly explain benefits of complex technical solutions to non-technical customers.
- Cross-train junior staff on technologies. Clearly, thoroughly and in an organized manner explain the technology, and confirm the engineer understands and is following periodically throughout the training.
- Participate in the development of quality assurance steps, technical standards and operational procedures for the department.
- Develop and maintain a broad background in our core technology offerings, to ensure high quality coverage and skill depth for our clients. Adapt to and quickly learn new technologies and products.
- Achieve and maintain technology industry certifications as part of your developmental plan as agreed upon with your Manager.
What You’ll Get From Us:
Gratitude. But our thanks won’t pay the bills, so the right candidate will receive a highly competitive salary alongside equally competitive benefits. In addition, we offer full technical career development – we invest in our employees and hope you take advantage.
Framework Communications (FWC) is a single-source Managed IT & Telecommunications Services Provider with a mission of reinventing technology by reinventing how technology is serviced. We focus on the client’s business needs and challenges and then design their support solutions to meet their needs and enable them to focus on running their business.
From inception, Framework Communications was built on an inverted pyramid “client first” motto, which has helped define and differentiate this single-source Managed Telecom & IT Support and Solutions Provider. Framework does not invent new technology products. Instead, Framework’s vision is to reinvent technology by reinventing how technology is delivered, supported, and experienced.
Our CareFree Managed IT, CareFree Phone System Maintenance, CareFree Data Backup & Disaster Recovery, and CareFree Telecom Expense Audit, combined with a host of other professional services and products, offer businesses a comprehensive support provider, a single point of contact for all issues, and a true technology partner. All of Framework’s services and processes have been designed to deliver savings, simplicity, and world-class service.
People First Value Creation Strategy:
Framework Communications invests heavily in its team by offering constant on-the-job and formal training, personal development plans, paid certification programs, mentoring, and cross-training. We believe that our focus on our clients and employees is why Framework has experienced tremendous growth, ranking 442 on the Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America for 2013, and why we also received the 101 Best & Brightest Places to Work in Chicago in 2014. Growth and employee satisfaction have also translated into world-class solutions and service for our clients, and Framework is proud to have received the Channel Partner 360 Award in both 2013 and 2014. Most importantly, Framework is honored to have the opportunity to serve our community through partnerships with the National Able Network, Student Veterans of America, Illinois Hires Heroes, Youth Outreach Services, Blue1647, Lane Tech High School Internship Program, and much more!
- $85,000 - $150,000 starting salary commensurate with experience and skills
- Annual bonus up to 10%
- Platinum rated PPO health and dental
- Unlimited PTO
- Awesome collaborative culture
- Training and exam certifications reimbursements
- Kitchen full of awesome healthy snacks (Some unhealthy ones too ;-)
- Car/mileage reimbursement
- Free Parking
So much more…